Vue vs React: Top Tips to Choose the Right Framework
However, with more tools gaining momentum in the market, it has become challenging for developers and businesses to choose the right framework for the smooth deployment of their projects.
Index of Content
What is Vue JS?
Released in 2014 by Evan You, Vue JS is often considered a progressive framework. Evan You was inspired to create this framework during his time at Google, working with AngularJS. He used all the parts and aspects he liked about Angular and created an entirely new framework, naming it Vue JS.
Features of Vue JS:
- In terms of adaptability, it offers hassle-free migration, along with an efficient structure.
- Can create customized elements to be reused in HTML.
- Point-by-point documentation contributes to an easy learning curve.
- Comes with varied methodologies, allowing it to transition to HTML components when they are included or excluded from DOM.
Pros of Vue JS:
- It is progressive, meaning that migration and integration can be managed easily while developing its components.
- The framework is lighter and faster.
- It offers a plethora of additional function-based API features.
- It adds more flexibility to the development of web platforms and apps.
- Vue JS can become more extensive and readable in terms of speed and functionality.
- It comes with a robust production environment, eliminating the need for regular updates and checking the application for bugs.
- It has a conventional coding process.
Cons of Vue JS:
- The Vue community is relatively small and comprises mostly Mandarin/Cantonese-speaking participants since the framework has great popularity in China, which makes learning and discussing difficult for English-speaking techies.
- Vue offers too much flexibility, which can sometimes over-complicate the project execution.
- The code reactivity can create certain issues such as rendering chunks of data or causing the DOM to trigger certain features.
- There is a lack of tools and plugins that are compatible with other frameworks and external tools.
- There is a lack of support for the existing resources present within the framework.
Popular Vue JS Platforms:
- Gitlab, and
Now, let’s move on to our peer contender, React JS.
What is React JS?
Why React is preferred by so many developers? It offers the needed flexibility for building custom components that can be reused for rapid app development. It also allows the web pages to render fast, making them more search-engine compatible.
Features of React JS:
- It has structure adaptability and enhanced scalability that is perfect for building large-scale business applications.
- It enables the react native developers to reuse the code specific to components at different stages of project development.
Pros of React JS:
- Increased web page efficiency and speed through data updates by refreshing the user interface.
- Enhanced code readability and optimization deliver a better user experience.
- Reusability of components simplifies complex functions and aids in faster development.
- Eliminates the requirement for constant data updates in the real structure, using virtual structure as an alternative, which produces high-performing platforms with faster page loading and response times.
- React has a robust global community of developers.
Cons of React JS:
- The constant update can be an issue with React JS, which makes the library less conventional in terms of coding practices.
- React JS has its sole focus on the view layer, which causes developers to use additional platforms for the development of other app parts.
Popular React JS Platforms:
React JS or Vue JS: Which Framework Should You Choose?
There is no answer to which one is better between Vue JS and React JS. It depends on the kind of development project, its scope, and scale, and what it is trying to achieve.
So, to summarize, your project will decide which framework is a better fit, because, as you can understand from their respective features, advantages, and disadvantages, both have their contributing factors in enhancing the performance of an app through progressive frontend development.
However, we have jotted down a few factors that might influence your decision when choosing between Vue JS and React JS.
When to Choose React JS?
- React JS works better for large-scale projects that involve the development of complex applications with multiple components.
- If you want a high-performing mobile application, with layers of features and modules, then React simplifies the building process.
- If you want your app to be scalable enough to expand the functionalities with each update in the future then choose React JS.
- React development eliminates the need for constant debugging and testing.
- It has better time-to-market even considering that it is mostly used for building complex applications.
- React is best suited for video streaming apps and media apps.
When to Choose Vue JS?
- Solution for fast development of a single page application or fairly simple web app.
- Vue is the perfect choice if you are interested in building progressive apps
- Migration for an existing platform and integrating it with advanced features and tech components with limited resources.
- Your preference is HTML templates and clean coding.
- If you prefer enhanced functionality of the existing features then Vue is right up your alley.
If you are looking for to hire dedicated experienced developers, experienced in building high-performing apps, then our team can suffice your needs. Reach out to us and specify your vision for your platform, and we will help it bring to life with the appropriate use of React or Vue after analyzing the scale of the project.