Brainium Wins The India SME 100 Awards in 2022
Adding another feather to its cap of glory, Brainium Information Technologies has won the India SME 100 Awards for the year 2022, solidifying its position as one of the leading brands within the Indian MSME sector. This honor as one of the top SMEs with the highest performance standards was bestowed by the India SME Forum, which is also the largest not-for-profit organization in the country for Small and Medium Enterprises.
India SME Awards, 2022 – The Event:
The awards were presented to the top 100 SMEs at the grand 4th Annual Mega-Conference, 2022 in New Delhi. This year, the theme of the event was ‘India @ 75, The Road Ahead for MSMEs’. The event was organized by the India SME Forum with support from the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (Government of India). Mr. Narayan Rane (Honorable Union Minister for MSME, India) graced the occasion with his presence.
On behalf of Brainium Information Technologies, Co-Founder and CEO, Mr. Sourav Sinha received the India SME 100 from Mr. Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma (Honorable Minister of State for MSME, India) in the presence of Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry (CMD of Axis Bank), and Mr. Prahlad Kakar (Advertising & Brand Marketing Guru and Member, Executive Board of India SME Forum).
“Brainium is honored and humbled by this prestigious award. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank India SME Forum for acknowledging our work and efforts in furthering the development of MSMEs in India. Leaving such a significant impression amongst the 42000 nominations is not a small feat and this has been possible, all thanks to the dedication and hard work of our pan-India team of Brainites.“said Mr. Sourav Sinha.
Other eminent personalities like Mr. Ajay Thakur (Head, BSE SME & Start-up) were also present at the event. Mr. Mukesh Sinha, who is the Director at Brainium also attended, representing the organization that he has built with two of his Co-Founders.
Process of Nomination & Winners Selection:
The India SME Awards is one of the most sought-after accolades in the Indian MSME sector, garnering significant attention within the industry. Every year, more than 1.33 crore SMEs reach out for nominations, followed by 65000+ nomination queries handled by the India SME Forum, all aspirants vying for the top 100 positions.
This year a total of 42268 nominations were filed most of which was done online. The jury board follows an extensive and transparent scoring and shortlisting process. There are 5 stages to the selection process:
- Quantitative and qualitative assessments were conducted to choose the Top 500 via an algorithm along with supporting documents and proof of claims by the nominees.
- Legal and financial due diligence on the Top 500 to determine the Top 200 SMEs.
- Based on a qualitative assessment of the Top 200 SMEs, the Jury affirms the Top 100 SMEs.
- In the final stage the name of the Top 100 SMEs of India is announced.
The evaluation process has multiple parameters, based on which the selection is done.
- Growth Performance: The growth of the company in terms of sales and business profit over the last 2 years.
- Innovation: New products or services that define a revolutionary change in thinking, processes, and organization that leads to improved efficiency, quality, productivity, competitive market positioning, etc.
- International Orientation: Efforts were taken by the SME to sell its goods and service globally individually or through distributorships, agency arrangements, alliances, joint ventures, and likewise.
- Financial Soundness: Current financial strength of the SME is based on multiple financial ratios, like liquidity, return ratios, leverage ratios, and operating efficiency ratios.
- People Capital: Assess the competency and commitment of the people that make up the organization. It’s an evaluation of the experience, skills, and potential of the team.
- Corporate Excellence: An assessment of the quality of customer service, business excellence, CSR activities, and contributions towards the local society and the environment.
After judging based on all these parameters, the jury selects the top-performing 100 SMEs in India. Brainium feels elated to have earned its spot on that list.
On a Concluding Note:
Receiving the India SME 100 Awards is a proud moment for all Brainites. It strengthens our resolve and dedication toward taking Brainium Information Technologies to new heights of success. Congratulations to the team!