3 Stages For A Successful SAAS Product Launch
3 Stages For A Successful SAAS Product Launch
Do you remember the day you came up with a brilliant idea of developing a SAAS product?
Luckily, you got your investors ready for funding and kick-started the development process with a dedicated team of experts. Indeed, there were challenges but none of them could stop you from developing a stellar product. And finally, you are here looking for a successful SAAS product launch checklist.
But wait! Is it as easy as it seems? Not really! Every SAAS software development company sets up an effective plan to ensure a successful product launch. You need to be smarter enough to understand these key steps and launch a product with ease.
What Are The Different Stages For A Solid SAAS Product Launch?
The SAAS product launch checklist involves three primary stages –
- your audience, and decide a date for the product launch.
- The launch stage: In this phase, you must use the best marketing strategy to launch the product.
- The post-launch stage: In this phase, you need to focus more on user onboarding and feedback.
1) The SAAS Pre-Launch Phase:
The pre-launch phase is very important as it involves market research, defining a unique selling proposition, identifying the target audience, and building a user persona. It is the step to lay the foundation stone for your product launch. You can call this the key point of your SAAS product launch checklist.
- Strong Market Research: Research work is mandatory whenever you are setting off to release a product on the market. It is important to understand your brand competencies, know your competitors, and analyze how well your product fits the market. A few questionnaires that can guide you properly include –
a) How is your product different from other competitors?
b) How well does your product resolve customer pain points?
The question that immediately follows is – what are your unique selling points? Let us describe this in the following section.
- Defining A Unique Selling Proposition: You must be focusing on hiring dedicated developers for SAAS product development. But have you invested time defining your USPs? In order to attract potential customers, it is necessary to have a clear overview of your unique selling proposition. This helps differentiate your product from your competitors, which can be further used to market it successfully.
So, what is the unique selling proposition of your product? Our SAAS software development solutions make sure that you have a transparent outlook before you move on to another step.
- Understanding the Target Audience: The next step in the SAAS product launch checklist is understanding the target audience. Now, different SAAS products have different targeted audiences. For example, if it is a gaming product, probably you will be targeting young adults. If it is an eCommerce product, maybe the adults between the 20-55 age group will be your primary target. Similarly, it is necessary to understand your targeted audience for your specific product.
- Building User Persona: A user persona is indeed one essential element of the SAAS product launch. It comes immediately after you have defined your target audience. This will help optimize your marketing strategies and initiate a successful launch of the product.
User personas represent a group of individuals who are likely to benefit from the product. It is necessary to identify these groups so that you can clearly define your marketing goals. Therefore, when you hire dedicated developers for SAAS product development, make sure they are efficient enough in mapping out your user persona.
2) The SAAS Launch Phase:
Now that you have done proper market research, understood your audience, and identified user personas, it’s time to launch the product in the market. Brainium plays a significant role in this phase. We use innovative and effective marketing strategies to promote your SAAS product across all channels and ensure that you capture qualified leads and experience higher conversions.
The marketing strategy we prefer for our clients involves the following steps.
- Launching The Product on A Suitable Platform: When your job to hire dedicated developers for SAAS product development ends, we come up with different product launching platforms. Some popular platforms include Reddit, Product Hunt, Hacker News, Betalist, AngelList, Beta Bound, etc. We consider your budget and choose a platform that fit your requirements.
Building SEO and content marketing strategy – Our digital marketing team uses advanced strategies to rank your product on the Google search page. Some of our key tactics include:
a) Improve content quality
b) Recognize user intent and optimize keywords
c) Focus on new SERP features
d) Engage image content
e) Automate content deliveries
f) Boost user experience
We use the latest tools and techniques to enhance your product value and brand it across all digital communication channels.
- Running Paid Advertisements: Besides organic ranking, our PPC experts are proficient in running paid campaigns for your SAAS product. If you have a sufficient budget, we recommend you run engaging ads on different popular platforms. Some popular advertising channels are YouTube, social media, and Google Ads. Paid search campaigns are one of the best techniques to seek customer attention and increase customer retention.
- Sharing A Product Demo: Our SAAS software development services believe this step to be the key to launching any product successfully. Unless the potential customer is well aware of the product and its functionalities, it is meaningless to expect a positive response from them.
Hence, our marketing experts remain ready with two different product demos during its launch: pre-recorded product demo and a personalized live recorded demos displaying how exactly different features of the product work. Whereas, live demos help potential buyers to learn about the product based on their requirements.
These demos highlight customer pain points and how the product help resolve the problem. Undoubtedly, personalized live demos are much more result-driven than normal product demos. These help customers feel more valued, thereby stimulating their interest to purchase the product.
- Tracking KPIs: The product launch phase also involves tracking key performance indicators. This is required to monitor the success of the launch. A few important KPIs you need to consider are conversion rates, the number of prospects or leads, percentage of users reaching the activation point. These KPIs help businesses understand the value of their product and get a clear outlook on how successful they are at onboarding their potential customers.
3) The SAAS Post-Launch Phase:
Finally, you have launched your stellar SAAS product. But your job doesn’t end here. This is the most crucial phase of your SAAS product launch checklist. Here you need to keep an eye on users who have just signed up for a free trial. You must ensure that the users at this point have a satisfactory experience.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to increase your users’ interest level.
- Start by displaying a customized welcome screen. After all, the first impression lasts. And you have a long way to go. Hence, taking care of these small things is very important. You can actually use this screen to distinguish your users based on their role, behavior, and state. Maybe a small survey form will help you meet your targets.
- You can boost their interest by engaging them with smart features and introducing interactive product tours. Keeping these on your checklist will not just improve user experience but even help enhance their knowledge base. Here you can integrate a customized chatbot to make the product walkthroughs more effective and engaging.
- Lastly, gathering customer feedback is very essential. Be it positive or negative, you can gain valuable insights, understand your customer pain points, and improve the product accordingly. The best way to collect real-time feedback and ratings is by running micro surveys.
Whenever a user uses your product for the first time, you can ask them to fill up the survey form and share their experiences. Feedback always helps keep your product up to the mark. Hence, it is considered an integral section of SAAS product launch activity.
How Brainium Can Help You Launch A SAAS Product Successfully?
Are you looking forward to launching a new SAAS product? Brainium Information Technologies, a top-rated SAAS software development company, can help you with a successful product launch.
We craft a robust strategy for every business and guide them to release a product with negligible effort. We come up with product demos and tutorials, and use our own resources to collect user insights for a better user experience. Our team of professionals follow the above-mentioned phases and ensure a solid product launch.
Just have faith in us and we promise to drive more conversions with great in-app experiences