Website redesign case study for Freedom2Work
Website Redesign Case Study for Freedom2Work
Freedom2Work is a Dubai-based company that provides freelance licenses and residence permit to help you establish your freelancing business in Dubai. Our focus was UX website redesigning along with adding some dynamic features to the platform.
Freedom2Work is a unique platform that helps freelancers to connect and thrive in the UAE market. The company’s primary aim is to provide premium freelance visa and permit services so that they can successfully connect with clients in one of the world’s largest growing gig economies.
To understand their business in depth, we need to recognize the three key modules of the business:
As the platform already existed, in our website redesigning process, we had to make sure that the new version was more efficient. We also faced a few difficulties with the vendor payout verification with Stripe.
The business helps freelancers identify business activities that suit their skills and offers the necessary documentation to scale their freelancing venture in Dubai. As mentioned earlier, Freedom2Work works on different modules and everything had to reflect on the website. Hence, the website required different categories and subcategories for different targeted users—freelancers, hotels/ cafes, retailers, etc.
The platform works as a one-stop solution for freelancers, much like our own website. And the older version of the website wasn’t user-friendly at all. We started working on improving the UI/UX of the website with videos, categories, and other design elements.
We used Angular for this project with Node.js as the backend. Here is the full list of technologies we used for the website:
Our tech stack included:
- Web Frontend - Angular
- Backend - Node.js
- Server - AWS
- Database - MongoDB
Our Project Execution Protocol:
- Create tasks
- Setting timelines
- Assigning specific tasks to the team
- Tracking progress
- Engaging with the client
- Scheduling necessary changes
- Freelancers: These are people applying for work permits, booking meeting rooms, and coworking spaces, and placing orders.
- Cafés/ Hotels: These are vendors who can enlist their spaces for meetings and work.
- Retailers: These are entrepreneurs who need a marketplace to sell their products.
- Super Admin: This panel serves as the supreme authority of the portal.
Sections Introduced on the Website:
- Coworking spaces/ Meeting rooms
- Retail module
- My licenses
- My orders
- My bookings
- My Profile
- My profile
- My products/services
- My orders
- My Payments
Admin Panel Categories:
- Freelancer Management
- License application management
- Vendors management
- Orders / Bookings management
- Blog management
- CMS pages content management
- Testimonials management
- Vendor pay management
- Reports management
Our website redesign process led to the following results:
- The categories and sub-categories introduced on the website help people to navigate the platform better.
- We implemented the WhatsApp icon on the website for those who want to directly communicate via WhatsApp. This makes communication between customers and the business more convenient.
- The masonry layout of the website improves its user experience along with a compact design where users can find all the services the brand provides.
- We integrated proper CTA buttons and videos to make the website more interactive, thus, improving the UX of the platform.
- The use of white spacing is necessary to ensure the responsiveness of any platform. Our design has proper spacing and alignment of the elements that make the website responsive, easily navigable, and faster.
- MongoDB database always works on platforms that require easy access to a lot of data. It helps to scale up any software and supports modern databases like transactions.
- The Angular front-end of the website makes it highly optimized and easy to integrate additional features.
The result of the website made the client very happy and appreciative of our work. After going live, we are working on some changes to ensure better operation of the platform.
How our services bring about success
With you (Brainium), communication has always been very professional and prompt, and all the orders have been delivered on time. You guys provide great service. Keep up the good work!
Great standard of work and the team is one of the best in the industry. Absolutely recommend working with this team.
I am extremely happy with Sandip’s work. He is very proactive and fast in his work. I know that the site got delayed by 2-3 weeks due to me being busy as I was not able to get back to your team fast. Sandip has been very helpful to me and extremely responsive to my requests. I would highly recommend you and your team to my friends who are looking for web works.
You guys are absolutely amazing! I am so happy to have you helping us along and we are thinking about seeking your help for our website on the other aspect.