Website redesign case study for Freedom2Work
Website Redesign Case Study for Freedom2Work
Freedom2Work is a Dubai-based company that provides freelance licenses and residence permit to help you establish your freelancing business in Dubai. Our focus was UX website redesigning along with adding some dynamic features to the platform.
Freedom2Work is a unique platform that helps freelancers to connect and thrive in the UAE market. The company’s primary aim is to provide premium freelance visa and permit services so that they can successfully connect with clients in one of the world’s largest growing gig economies.
To understand their business in depth, we need to recognize the three key modules of the business:
As the platform already existed, in our website redesigning process, we had to make sure that the new version was more efficient. We also faced a few difficulties with the vendor payout verification with Stripe.
The business helps freelancers identify business activities that suit their skills and offers the necessary documentation to scale their freelancing venture in Dubai. As mentioned earlier, Freedom2Work works on different modules and everything had to reflect on the website. Hence, the website required different categories and subcategories for different targeted users—freelancers, hotels/ cafes, retailers, etc.
The platform works as a one-stop solution for freelancers, much like our own website. And the older version of the website wasn’t user-friendly at all. We started working on improving the UI/UX of the website with videos, categories, and other design elements.
We used Angular for this project with Node.js as the backend. Here is the full list of technologies we used for the website:
Our tech stack included:
- Web Frontend - Angular
- Backend - Node.js
- Server - AWS
- Database - MongoDB
Our Project Execution Protocol:
- Create tasks
- Setting timelines
- Assigning specific tasks to the team
- Tracking progress
- Engaging with the client
- Scheduling necessary changes
- Freelancers: These are people applying for work permits, booking meeting rooms, and coworking spaces, and placing orders.
- Cafés/ Hotels: These are vendors who can enlist their spaces for meetings and work.
- Retailers: These are entrepreneurs who need a marketplace to sell their products.
- Super Admin: This panel serves as the supreme authority of the portal.
Sections Introduced on the Website:
- Coworking spaces/ Meeting rooms
- Retail module
- My licenses
- My orders
- My bookings
- My Profile
- My profile
- My products/services
- My orders
- My Payments
Admin Panel Categories:
- Freelancer Management
- License application management
- Vendors management
- Orders / Bookings management
- Blog management
- CMS pages content management
- Testimonials management
- Vendor pay management
- Reports management
Our website redesign process led to the following results:
- The categories and sub-categories introduced on the website help people to navigate the platform better.
- We implemented the WhatsApp icon on the website for those who want to directly communicate via WhatsApp. This makes communication between customers and the business more convenient.
- The masonry layout of the website improves its user experience along with a compact design where users can find all the services the brand provides.
- We integrated proper CTA buttons and videos to make the website more interactive, thus, improving the UX of the platform.
- The use of white spacing is necessary to ensure the responsiveness of any platform. Our design has proper spacing and alignment of the elements that make the website responsive, easily navigable, and faster.
- MongoDB database always works on platforms that require easy access to a lot of data. It helps to scale up any software and supports modern databases like transactions.
- The Angular front-end of the website makes it highly optimized and easy to integrate additional features.
The result of the website made the client very happy and appreciative of our work. After going live, we are working on some changes to ensure better operation of the platform.
How our services bring about success
I have worked with the Brainium team for two years now and I am highly pleased with their work. They have become a huge part of my team. I cannot put in words how much the team means to me. They are helping make my dreams come true. Thank you guys and gals.
Hey, the Team of Experts in Web design! This is my Review about your Service of Web designing. Choosing someone to design a website can be a daunting process. In the year 2015, I was looking for the Best Web Designing Company that would help me to work better and move on with further studies. Since I was more informed about Google, I decided to use Google to find the best company to help me. I first offered them one Project for www.gorillaexpeditions.com that was customized to meet my needs and interests and the site was designed and looked nice. After the completion of the First project, I decided to move forward and granted them a second project, which was the Car Rental Site called, www.ugandacarrental.com and it also completed reflecting my needs and interest. The First Project was done by Kunal who designed Gorilla Expeditions. After getting contented with the design, I again requested the company to allocate my second project to him but he was helped by another lady who is also well-organized. It took them four weeks to complete the Second project and in the fifth week, Aradita Banik helped me to complete and arrange the Site Very Well. My Thanks go to Kunal Nath, the Project Leader who designed my projects, and Biswakalyan Mohanta, the one who is entrusted with the client responses and project allocation. He seems to be the Reservations Manager. For the Second Project, my appreciation goes to Aradita Banik, the only lady with whom I have worked to handle the Completion of the Design. I am very happy with the company as I got value for the money I paid. Even my directors accepted the Project as it looked nice.
Exhibiting ample control of their development expertise, Brainium Information Technologies delivered a functional platform that’s ready for its go-live. They were keen on generating cost-effective results without compromising dependable customer service, paving the way for an agreeable partnership.
The past couple of months has just been perfect working with this team. The quality of work was just great, communication was fantastic like always, and I had a blast working with this team. I look forward to working with them and building a long-term relationship. Thank you.