Heard about the latest buzzword “No-Code”? Here’s all you need to know!
Heard about the latest buzzword “No-Code”? Here’s all you need to know!
No-code is the latest buzzword in the app development market. Many entrepreneurs are relying on the best no-code development platforms to develop their business apps. We guess you are also planning to choose no-code for the same. Isn’t it?
But the question that immediately hits the mind is – will these platforms deliver the exact result that you can obtain from a traditional software development process? Dig deeper to get a better understanding of no-code.
What is no-code?
A no-code framework is a programming platform that enables even non-technical individuals to develop software without creating any code. The platform uses a drag and drop option and other enticing features along with a user-friendly interface to ease out the implementation process and display the business logic.
Many non-technical enterprise users use no-code to develop self-service applications. But is it really possible to develop user-friendly complex business apps? Definitely, not and so the low-code concept has simultaneously appeared in the app development market.
Before we talk about the no-code features that have attracted business users, let us explore how low-code is different from no-code.
- No-code platforms are specifically used by business users as these frameworks do not involve coding whereas low-code platforms are primarily utilized by developers.
- No-code enhances usability whereas low-code speeds up the development process.
- No-code platforms have restricted options available for customization. Only the pre-built templates can be customized as per the client’s requirement. On the other hand, low-code allows complete customization.
- No-code platforms have limited access to features. But in low-code, you are allowed to have end-to-end development.
- Though no-code frameworks are cost-effective, they can create simple apps. When it comes to complex application development, cost-effective low-code frameworks are the best.
- Some best no-code development platforms are –
- Some best low-code development platforms that developers leverage to build applications are –
- Zoho Creator
- Salesforce Lightning
Features of the no-code platform
No-code platforms have a few compelling features that simplify the app development process. These include –
1 ) Drag and drop interface:
This is one of the primary features of no-code that is responsible for building simple applications for enterprises. It allows users to drag and drop a particular function that is required to build the app effectively. No-code app developers use this feature to develop your desired application from the scratch.
2) Data connections:
No-code platforms enable developers to fetch enterprise data for your application. These platforms provide data connection features so that developers can easily connect your application with preferred sources such as Microsoft Excel and SQL databases. Some no-code platforms are even pre-configured with database and server-side applications. Many developers also try these out to reduce their workload.
3) AI and machine learning:
No-code platforms are also featured with AI and machine learning technology. This advanced technology enables users to make predictions, reduce errors, and streamline the app development process. In this technology-driven market, this particular feature creates relevance.
4) Security and privacy:
No-code platforms consider security and privacy as the top priorities. These platforms use the best practices to keep the data secured from numerous security vulnerabilities.
5) User interface designer:
Many no-code platforms provide a user interface designer. The designer enables no-code app developers to design and assemble pre-configured components properly for building applications.
6) Mobile device compatibility:
The best no-code development platforms support multi-device compatibility. In other words, these zero-code platforms allow users to develop business applications both for mobile and desktop. Many enterprises want their applications to run on both Android and iOS. Hence, this feature turns out to be the best for them.
Benefits of the no-code platform
There is a lot of focus on no-code platforms as an alternative to traditional app development. Let’s check out why;
- Faster development: No-code app developers leverage drag and drop in-built features to develop and deploy any application. Undoubtedly, such pre-installed features have made these platforms easier to operate. This reduces the app development time and simultaneously helps developers deliver the project faster with fewer glitches.
- Flexibility: No-code platforms are designed with schema-free databases. The specialty of these databases is that developers don’t have to struggle to build the structure of the documents time and again. Instead, no-code developers can start developing applications immediately without spending countless hours and efforts. Such flexibility has made these platforms so popular in the application development market.
- Easy to integrate any change: The best thing about no-code platforms is that you can easily update your application without losing the quality and making any heavy investment. These platforms make your business more agile and responsive to the changing customer requirements and market demands. In other words, no-code platforms let developers integrate any new functionality into the system and eventually help your business provide better experiences to customers.
- Better UX designs: Every no-code platform has a visual development environment that allows users to drag and drop components, connect them together, and develop a custom app. Such flexibility enables no-code app developers to build applications that can offer better user experiences. They ensure that their designs focus more on customer requirements and deliver an easy-to-navigate interface for greater sales and revenues.
However, all these benefits mentioned above are restricted to simple requirements. For complex and more detail-oriented customizations and all building requirements, custom software developers can add more value to the project.
No-code platforms are gaining huge popularity in the software development market these days. Its enticing features and amazing benefits have excited companies to contemplate using no-code. Now the question is – will this become mainstream and eliminate the need for traditional development? Certainly not.
No matter how feature-rich the no-code platform is, it’s a one-time pleasure. You can definitely find these platforms friendly for developing simple applications but traditional coding can add more value to custom app development.
No-code developers can accelerate the development process but are left with limited options when a client opts for extensive customization. Hence to avoid such consequences, it is better to leverage the expertise of custom software developers. A custom app development company generates desired results for mobile or web applications in terms of design and functionality.
Want to develop an enterprise-grade application? Reach out to our custom app developers now.
Are you facing financial or technical hurdles while building your software as a start-up? As common, as the problem is, the solution lies in building an MVP. Know the why and how of MVP development for start-ups in this write-up.