Evolve Your Online Business with a Magento eCommerce Website
Evolve Your Online Business with a Magento eCommerce Website
The growth in global eCommerce has been grabbing the eyes of online merchants across the world with a CAGR of 22.9%, the market that is expected to reach a whopping USD 16,215.6 billion by the end of 2027 (as a forecast for the period 2020-2027). So, it’s time to gear up for eCommerce marketers and check whether their websites are functioning at their best. If you are an online business owner and want to build a new eCommerce store or revamp an existing one, it’s important to learn about the prospects of building a Magento eCommerce website.
How is Magento making a difference?
The recent reports of Garner Inc. reveal that Magento has secured the top position for the 4th consecutive time when it comes to the ability of execution and completeness of vision. Also, the number of Magento online stores has increased by around 4.5% quarter-over-quarter in the 2022 Q4, and it powers almost 1.2% of the online stores globally. These facts speak volumes about how dynamic and progressive the eCommerce platform is and how it can help you gain a competitive edge.
What should you know about Magento eCommerce?
Also known as Adobe Commerce, Magento is a PHP-based eCommerce platform that helps mid-to-large-sized businesses develop a highly intuitive online store. Due to its vast support community, robust features, and enormous scalability options, the Magento eCommerce platform can be the ultimate solution for delighting customers with an exclusive online shopping experience. It provides systematic sales and inventory management that helps in the proper organization of the website. Also, the designing and creation of web pages get simple with Magento eCommerce as it offers a page builder, which offers great scope for customization.
Adobe Commerce is typically a part of ACC (Adobe Commerce Cloud) which offers an open-source platform for managing, optimizing and customizing the online store.
What are the features of a Magento eCommerce Website?
An online store powered by Magento hosts a range of exclusive features that can help you redefine the user experience by taking it to the next level. Some of its inherent attributes are:
- Search engine optimization: Like any other website, your eCommerce store needs online visibility to attract potential customers. Considering the importance of SEO, the Magento platform is designed to host multiple SEO solutions to help online businesses achieve immense online recognition. It features a set of attributes like SEO-friendly URLs, the better scope for customer sorting, Google sitemaps, and more.
- Analytics and Reporting: Every online store must have advanced analytics and reporting capabilities to help the seller attain valuable insights into its growth and profitability. Building a Magento eCommerce website will allow you to fetch precise data for tax reporting, sales, most searched products, abandoned carts, etc., using Google Analytics.
- Product Search: You can’t attract more and more online shoppers to your site if the products you’re offering don’t appear when they search for relevant options online. Magento brings you impeccable features that deliver precise descriptions, numerous product images and more. It helps increase the chances of your products appearing in the search results.
- Payment and shipping: A highly functional payment system is a requisite for every online store. If you build a website in Magento, you can improve the payment and shipping system by deploying helpful features like shipping integration, single-page checkout, payment gateway integration, SSL security, and more.
- Catalogue management: Listing the products in the online store can speak volumes about the brand and its value. Using Magento eCommerce can make it easier for you to edit or delete product reviews, showcase a vast range of products, and perform transactional operations faster. In this way, you will be able to avoid any hassle and deliver an undisturbed shopping experience to your customers.
- Order management: The Magento platform offers a set of premium tools for order management. As an online seller, you can access the admin panel for creating, viewing, and editing orders. It also makes it seamless for you to deal with the issues of customer support, printing invoices, printing shipping labels, creating return labels, and more.
What are the benefits offered by Magento eCommerce?
The Magento eCommerce solution offers scope for easy deployment, fail-safe security, and delivers an enhanced online shopping experience. If you want to learn more about its promising benefits, here’s what you need to know.
- Scalability: Magento helps online merchants develop scalable websites by offering efficient product migration, seamless launches, and more. Irrespective of the total number of eCommerce websites you own, the entire data is managed and stored at a specific back-end office. Moreover, it deploys one of the most effective caching tools, Varnish, to scale up the eCommerce store and upgrade its performance.
- Scope of customization: When building an online store powered by Magento, you can customize several things, including the design of all the categories and product offerings, the look and feel of the site, and more. It’s an open-source platform, and you can get multiple Magento themes and plugins for payment, processing, accounting, and shipping.
- Easy integration: You might need to add multiple services to your online store, like logistics, data applications, payment gateways, order tracking, shipping, etc. Magento allows easy integration with such third-party services. You can add several Google tools, including Checkout and Analytics to evaluate the site’s performance and current market trends in detail. Easy integration with robust APIs and backend systems will help the business owner improve time to market.
- Flexibility: You can find great scope for innovation and experimentation in developing a Magento eCommerce website. Since it offers complete authority to developers on different functions, you can easily customize the backend based on business demands. Moreover, Magento 2 features a next-generation, robust infrastructure that offers higher flexibility. It means you will be able to create a seamless customer experience.
- Omnichannel support: Magento makes it convenient for users to engage with the brand using multiple channels like social media, websites, mobile apps, and more. It allows eCommerce marketers to carve rewarding experiences on a host of integrated devices and improve the chances of customer retention. So, it should be the go-to platform if you’re trying to gather relevant consumer insights across all these channels, evaluate them and want to make better decisions about marketing campaigns.
What’s the future of Magento?
Have you decided to hire the best Magento designer for building a high-performing eCommerce store? If yes, you would be further delighted to know that Magento holds a myriad of opportunities for its users as it’s in the relentless pursuit of redefining its features and extensions to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience. Let’s dive deeper into understanding what the future has in store for this state-of-the-art eCommerce platform.
- Headless Commerce: One of the evolving trends in Magento eCommerce development is headless commerce, which focuses on differentiating the front-end of the website from its back-end. It allows developers to build and easily maintain the Magento eCommerce website while ensuring smooth integration with various other systems. Compared to a conventional web development architecture, it offers greater flexibility for the online seller, allowing him to target all the touchpoints of customers by modifying the website’s front-end and back-end accordingly.
- Progressive web apps: Due to the integration of Magento with the Adobe Experience Cloud by CIF, the platform is expected to grow further. Adobe has made Progressive Web Apps available to Magento customers via the developer tool kit and PWA Studio. Because of these notable improvements, it has become easier for retailers to build a Magento website that delivers an app-like experience. It will ultimately result in increased conversion rates. So, it can be concluded that Magento stores are expected to help you achieve a significant increase in revenue in the near future.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence has led to a massive transformation in the way a user engages or interacts with an eCommerce store. It helps you in customer behaviour analysis and modifies the interaction system as required. It also helps to acquire relevant information about the purchasing pattern of store visitors on your Magento eCommerce website, like personalized product recommendations, viewed products, and more.
- AR/VR: The concept of AR/VR is not new anymore. Like every industry, it has influenced the way we shop online. Virtual try-on is one example of AR/VR that shows how it has increased the convenience of online shoppers in making better purchasing decisions. This feature allows online shoppers to try out products virtually and check their fixations, placements, and positions. For instance, buyers can choose the right furniture piece by trying multiple options virtually at a certain position or location. This feature can also be used for checking the clothes virtually before making the final purchase. By developing a Magento eCommerce website, you will be able to harness the potential of AR/VR and offer a great shopping experience. It will ultimately help you gain an edge over your competitors.
What should you know about developing a Magento eCommerce store?
Magento eCommerce design and development involves different stages and processes for launching an eCommerce website using Magento. From ideation, market research, and strategy framing to website launch and maintenance, a series of steps and phases comprise the development cycle. Following are the four most common scenarios in the development process.
- Developing a new eCommerce website: In this scenario, a Magento development company will help you build a new Magento store which will include its design, development, and launch.
- Migrating an existing eCommerce website to Magento: An online seller might consider migrating the current store to the Magento platform for deriving better outcomes. This process will involve transferring customer data, orders, products, and other relevant information.
- Customizing the Magento store: Your online store powered by Magento might need to be customized for adding new solutions or features, making design improvements, or integrating third-party tools. Website customization will help in improving sales and conversion rates.
- Upgrading the Magento store to its latest version: Updating the website to its latest version is always necessary to deploy the newest features and improve the website’s performance. So, your eCommerce website needs to be updated to the latest version as and when required.
Why should you hire Magento eCommerce services?
A reputable provider of Magento website development and maintenance services is expected to offer premium-grade support in building a user-friendly and ROI-driven website that exhibits quality and precision. Things you can expect from an experienced Magento web development company are:
- Value for money and time: Efficient Magento eCommerce developers deliver highly professional assistance that’s worth your time and money. They work dedicatedly to offer an outstanding experience, ensuring cost-effectiveness, on-time delivery, and prompt customer support throughout the development cycle of the Magento eCommerce website
- Transparency: Responsible Magento developers mostly understand how much you value your investment. They always like to keep you updated on the different aspects or stages of the development process. They will inform you about all the timelines, processes, time zones, potential issues, costs and additional charges. They will also provide you with a breakdown of the allocation of costs and man-hours for all the planned tasks.
- Industry expertise: A well-experienced service provider is expected to have specialized expertise in the eCommerce industry and technological innovations. They must have adequate knowledge and skills to:
- Develop Magento eCommerce extensions
- Implement best eCommerce practices
- Focus on bespoke website development
- Build faster-loading, and user-friendly online stores
What should you include on your Magento eCommerce development checklist?
Following are some of the vital aspects you should include in the development checklist, which you must prepare to plan the processes accurately and stay on track with the work-in-progress.
- Goals and objectives: Always set well-defined goals for the website oriented to your website’s vision, mission, and revenue objectives.
- Development plan: Focus on developing a comprehensive plan, which includes key milestones, timelines, steps, and essential resources for building the website.
- Cost estimation: Before getting started with the development process, you must get a clear idea of the total costs you need to incur before planning the budget and resource requirements.
- Tracking: Last but not least, you should also track the progress or status of the project to ensure all the teams involved are in perfect synchronization.
How are the costs determined?
The cost of Magento eCommerce services varies from project to project depending on multiple factors, which are:
- Experience and expertise of developers
- Location of the development team
- Complexity of the project
- Number of products, product categories, and pages
- Number of features
- Site design
- Level of customization
- Integration with other systems and more
Every business has unique expectations and requirements when it comes to building a Magento eCommerce website. And there can’t be a one-size-fits-all solution for all of them. So, it’s always ideal to discuss your needs and objectives thoroughly with the development team and ask for a detailed quote before making the final call.
How to choose the right Magento development company?
We hope you’ve acquired detailed knowledge of the different aspects of the website development process using the Magento platform. Now if you’re concerned about choosing the most efficient Magento development experts, here are the ideal steps to follow listed below for you.
- Step 1: Identify the unique purpose behind developing a Magento-powered online store.
- Step 2: Determine the amount of money you want to spend on Magento web design and development.
- Step 3: Search for agencies that offer services at budget-friendly rates and are capable of meeting your specific needs.
- Step 4: Research the company’s profile extensively, including the official website, company size, experience level, client testimonials, portfolios, case studies, and more.
- Step 5: Evaluate the company reputation, including awards and recognitions, accreditations from pioneering B2B authorities, Magento certifications, the total number of Magento sites developed, success stories, and more.
Following the mentioned steps will help you sort your options and choose the most competent Magento website designers. Always ask the right questions to them for evaluating their professional credibility and making your decision accurately.
The bottom line
World-renowned brands like Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nestle Nespresso, Liverpool, Christian Louboutin and Sigma Beauty have relied upon Magento to build their corporate sites. As Magento is the choice of global leaders, it surely holds the potential to help your website stand unique among the millions of eCommerce sites on the Internet. So, choose Magento as the ultimate platform for developing a high-performing online store. And if you’re looking for the best designers and developers to help you build a Magento eCommerce website, we at Brainium Information Technologies are here at your service.
Over the last 13 years, we are in the relentless pursuit of offering highly user-interactive websites that ensure maximized conversions. Considering customer satisfaction as our topmost priority, we focus on deploying the latest technologies to deliver a solution that surpasses client’s expectations. So, if you have a plan for developing an eCommerce store, contact us now for a detailed consultation.